Having moved to the coast a few years ago it seemed natural to paint the local environment. Images of the beach, the coastline even the activities of the local lifesavers presented enormous potential.
Most of the time I paint in acrylic on canvas but occasionally in oils when time permits.
Most painting sizes are medium to large format, but I do prefer the drama of large works.
I also enjoy working with new clients to produce commissioned work. The most surprising work was being asked to paint an 8 month pregnant woman with her family on their NSW beach. She wanted to show the baby later what she looked like before she arrived in the world!
* Rotary Club of Forest Lake – 1st Prize - Contemporary 1999
* RNA Brisbane Show - 2nd Prize - Watercolour 1999.
* Gatton Shire Annual Art Awards – Highly Commended. Acrylic 2000
* Royal Queensland Art Society – Highly Commended Open 2001
* Australian Artists Magazine. – Finalist, Landscape Competition 2002
* Gold Coast Show: 1st Prize Contemporary & 3rd Prize Traditional 2003
* Royal Queensland Art Society – 1st Prize 2004
* St Bernards Art Prize – Acquisitive. 2005
* Footsie Art award. 2nd Prize 2005. Runner Up 2006
* Seniors Award. 2nd Prize oils/acrylic 2006
* Currumbin Art Fest. Best Oil. 2006
* Laidley Shire Art Show. Best Oil. 2006 and Peoples Choice Award 2006
* Royal Queensland Art Soc. Members Comp. 2nd Prize 2006
* Gold Coast Show. Highly Commended 2007
* Royal Queensland Art Soc. Members Comp. 3rd Prize 2007
* Gold Coast Art and Design. Highly Commended. 2007 * St Bernards Art Prize – Acquired. 2007 * Royal Queensland Art Soc. Open Comp. Highly Commended 2007 * Queensland Gold Coast Show – 3rd Prize Oil/Acrylic 2008 * Royal Qld Art Society. Big Art Show. H. Commended 2009
Royal Qld. Art Society 1998, 2002, 03, 04, 05, 06, 08, 09
For purchase or further information please contact: -
Phone 07 5575 1186
Mobile 0419 729 145